The Village of Chatham has an opening for the position of Village Treasurer. All interested parties please submit your resume and a cover letter to the Village Clerk’s Office at .
JOB DESCRIPTION: Village Treasurer
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES (ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY)
- Treasurer responsibilities include but are not limited to bi-weekly payroll using ADP;
- Bi-weekly bill paying using Quickbooks;
- Monthly completion of New York State Retirement reporting using Enhanced Reporting;
- Monthly completion of Budget to Actual Reports for the Board of Trustees, Mayor, and Department Heads;
- Review of monthly Bank Recs from the Accountant’s office;
- Daily or bi-weekly review and/or reconciliation of Cash Register Receipts and deposits to the General, Water, and Sewer Funds;
- Oversight of CHIPS reimbursements;
- Oversight of Debt Payments for the General, Water, and Sewer Funds;
- Yearly preparation and presentation of the tentative and annual budget.